National Business Engagement Study
Current Business Engagement Practices under WIOA
This confidential survey is part of a national research study funded by Business U to determine the current methods that the workforce development system stakeholders and system partners (comprised of workforce development, economic development, education, and business-facing organizations) are using to meet the requirements and expectations for business engagement as articulated through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Results from the study will help identify:
- How workforce leadership across the country configure and lead business engagement teams for employer service delivery and partnerships in sector strategies, career pathways and work-based learning.
- How partners of the workforce system perceive business engagement and the role they play alongside workforce leadership in their respective communities.
- Areas where business-facing staff need to acquire new skills so they can better engage business and industry to effectively serve WIOA’s dual customer, the employer and jobseeker.
Participating organizations will receive a final report of data findings and recommendations to support:
- Strategic planning with your business engagement team.
- Identification of business engagement benchmarks and goals.
- The development of business engagement strategies with regional workforce partners (economic development, education, chambers, and small business development centers)
In addition, each state that successfully engages at least 50% of its local workforce development boards, contractors and partners to participate in the study will receive a customized report specific to business engagement practices in their state.